Wednesday, 30 May 2012


Bhartendu Harish Chandra

ocality in 1866. By1910,the institution had started High School Classes. The Intermediate Classes started in year 1939.

The Undergraduate Classes in Arts and Commerce began on oct. 4, 1951.At first; the college was affiliated to Banaras Hindu University. The recognition of the Law Classes was made possible in the year 1958

However, owing to certain amendments and changes in the rules and regulation of B.H.U., the college shifted its affiliation with the University of Gorakhpur in the year 1960.Consequently, the B.Ed. Classes began the same year, whereas recognition for B.SC. classes in Maths. Group and Bio. Group was granted in the year 1963 and 1974 respectively.

With the establishment of the Purvanchal University, Jaunpur the college was affiliated to this University in 1987-88. From the session 2009-10, the affiliation of the college is shifted to M.G.Kashi Vidyapeeth,Varanasi.

The college has Postgraduate in the subjects-Commerce, Statistics, Hindi, Mathematics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Political Science, English and Psychology.

Having crossed different stages of development, the college now runs five full-fledged faculties of Arts, Commerce, Science, Education and Law, where studies of different subjects at Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels are being carried out. The institution is now emerging as a centre for Research Work in different subjects in the faculties of Arts, Science and Commerce. 

Some of the old graduates of this institution have rendered valuable services to humanity and to the nation in different fields. Late Lal Bahadur Shastri, Ex- Prime Minister of India, Late V.P.Koirala, Ex-Prime Minister of Nepal, Late Dr.Sampurnanand, Ex-Chief Minister of U.P., Late T.N.Singh, Ex-Governor of West Bengal and Late Brig.Usman can be quoted as a few instances.